We have started a crowdfunding page to help us raise the last bit of money we need to ensure this project can go ahead. What do we need the money for?
Basically we have received money from the Scottish Land Fund to enable us to buy the premises and carry out the necessary works in the building. We also received a grant from Stirling Council, Your Places, Your Priority Fund which will contribute toward this.
Now we still need to buy the business (good will, fixtures and fitting etc) element, this is the bit we need your help with. We have had some money from some lovely local Open Water Swimmers who swam a relay of the length of Loch Tay (25km) and raised money specifically for this project. We did our own fundraising too.
Here’s a bit about our project:
The ‘More than a Post Office…’ Project is to buy News First and lease the premises to MacGregor’s Community Hub, a community Social Enterprise Company. The reason for this move is the provide MacGregor’s Community Hub with a long term secure lease which will help with the future sustainability of the Post Office.
The Project will amalgamate the services of both MacGregor’s Market and News First to provide the following:
- Post Office
- Banking Services for most of the major banks
- General Postal Services
- Pay Bills
- Top up for Mobiles and Electricity
- Vehicle Road Tax
- Provide space for Citizens Advice Bureau
- Employs Paper Boys and Girls to do daily deliveries. For most it is their first job
- Provides information and signposting to relevant services
- Assist with Benefit Forms
- Provides a space for people to sit and chat
- Delivers to outlying areas of Glen Lochay and Ardeonaig
- Community Notice Board
- Take bookings for the Community Bus
- Sell tickets for local events like the Killin Music Festival
- Sell the local phone book and Killin News
- Sell Fishing Permits.
MacGregor’s will continue to sell the range of stock you can find in News First and MacGregor’s at present.